GVI Logistics is a New Zealand owned international logistics provider handling the Import and Export of both Dry and Perishable Cargo by Air and Ocean, Customs Brokerage, Event Logistics and Third-Party Logistics.
Due to expansion we have an Export Airfreight Operator position available. This is a pivotal role that assists in all facets of the day to day operating of the Export Airfreight department in our Auckland Airport based site.
Ideally the successful applicant will have previous experience in Freight Forwarding, be reliable, articulate with a key focus on customer service & attention to detail.
Attributes we are seeking in this position include:
- Good communication & Organisational Skills
- Must be able to work calmly & efficiently under pressure
- A great work ethic & problem solving skills
- A high level of computer literacy - especially in Word & Excel
- A team player however also able to work autonomously
- Happy disposition & a good sense of humour
- Ability to pick up new systems & procedures with ease
- Clean Drivers Licence
- A Customs Pin would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience using EDI/Cargowise operating system
- Experience using E-cert system
Day to Day duties would include:
- Liaising with Clients, Airlines, Overseas Agents
- Data Entry
- Preparing all export documentation for perishable airfreight shipments including seafood, meat, dairy & produce
- Obtaining rates & preparing quotations for clients
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Ministry of Justice criminal record check.