GVI Logistics Ltd is a New Zealand owned International Logistics provider with offices in Christchurch (Head Office) & Auckland.
Due to expansion we have an Export Oceanfreight Operator position available. This is a pivotal role that assists in all facets of the day to day operating of the Export Oceanfreight department in our Christchurch office.
Ideally the successful applicant will have previous experience in Freight Forwarding, be reliable, articulate with a key focus on customer service & attention to detail.
Attributes we are seeking in this position include:
- Good communication & Organisational Skills
- Must be able to work calmly & efficiently under pressure
- A great work ethic & problem solving skills
- A high level of computer literacy - especially in Word & Excel
- A team player however also able to work autonomously
- Happy disposition & a good sense of humour
- Ability to pick up new systems & procedures with ease
- Drivers Licence
- Customs Pin
- Experience using EDI/Cargowise operating system
- Experience using E-cert system
Day to Day duties would include:
- Liaising with Clients, Shipping Lines and Overseas Agents
- Data Entry
- Preparing all export documentation for Oceanfreight shipments
- Obtaining rates & preparing quotations for clients