GVI Logistics Ltd is a New Zealand owned International Logistics provider with sites based in Christchurch (Head Office) & Auckland.
We have an Import Operator position available on a 12-month fixed term agreement to cover whilst one of our team members is on maternity leave.
This is a pivotal role that assists in all facets of the day to day operating of the Import department in our Christchurch office.
Ideally the successful applicant will have previous experience in Freight Forwarding or International Shipping, CargoWise, be reliable, articulate with a key focus on customer service & attention to detail.
Attributes we are seeking in this position include:
- Good communication & Organisational Skills
- A great work ethic & problem solving skills
- A high level of computer literacy - especially in Word & Excel
- A team player however also able to work autonomously
- Happy disposition
- Ability to pick up new systems & procedures with ease
Day to Day duties would include:
- Liaising with Clients, Shipping Companies, Overseas Agents & MPI where applicable
- Data Entry
- Handling of FAK Cargo into our warehouse & associated tasks
- Updating of order tracking systems on a daily basis as required
- Obtaining rates & preparing quotations for clients
Please send applications including a current CV to: