Biosecurity Business Pledge
We have proudly joined the Biosecurity Business Pledge.
Biosecurity is important to our business, our sector, our communities and our economy.
We are committed to playing our part in the efforts to prevent pests and diseases from getting into Aotearoa New Zealand or helping to stop their spread if they do get here.
We are committed to being an active part of Aotearoa New Zealand's biosecurity team of all New Zealanders by integrating proactive biosecurity practices into our operations and supply chains.
To deliver on our commitments we have pledged to:
- Actively seek to understand and manage the biosecurity considerations associated with our business activities.
- Promote a culture of proactive biosecurity management within our operations, across the business, around our board table, and across our teams.
- Incorporate biosecurity into our procurement policies that guide the selection of goods, travel, logistics and service providers.
- Support our customers, staff, suppliers and stakeholders in understanding the importance of biosecurity and what good biosecurity practice looks like.
- Approach biosecurity with the view that it is everyone's responsibility, that risk is best managed offshore, and that we will actively engage with Biosecurity New Zealand to support better biosecurity outcomes for Aotearoa New Zealand.
We invite other business to step up and be part of the movement to treasure and protect Aotearoa New Zealand through adoption of proactive biosecurity management. Go to the website, take the pledge and sign up your business today.